Visitor Center Coordinator
Are you ready to be part of the tourism industry? Would you like to join a team of excited, dedicated, incredibly talented professionals?
You’ve found your opportunity - Visit Wichita is looking for a new Visitor Center Coordinator to join our expert team!
A little about you…
As our Visitor Center Coordinator, you’re upbeat, enthusiastic, and eager to share Wichita with those who walk through the door or call the Visitor’s Center. You love Wichita; offering top notch customer service to whomever you encounter. You like providing support and are detail oriented. You are a self-starter and are just as comfortable talking to strangers as you are working on the computer building spreadsheets and working in an account database. You take pride in your organizational skills and consider that one of your best strengths and have perfected the art of multitasking. You are a team player and have a passion for Wichita.
If you enjoy working with people, are a creative problem solver, love the city of Wichita, exude kindness and want to play a pivotal role in welcoming people to Wichita, you want to work with us.
A little about us…
Visit Wichita is a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing visitors to Wichita. Our mission is to show the world just how great Wichita is, to bring visitors to our city, and ultimately to create jobs and make Wichita an even better place to be. We believe Wichita is the heart of the country and love what we do. If you’d like to learn more about us, check us out at visitwichita.com.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send us your resume and cover letter.
The Visitor Center Coordinator greets visitors as they enter the Visitor Center and answers their questions as well as provides recommendations on things to see and do in Wichita. In addition, the coordinator answers incoming phone calls and provides administrative support as needed. The coordinator reports directly to Partnership Services Manager.
- Answer telephone calls and directs to the appropriate personnel when necessary
- Assist walk-in traffic with visitor information as needed, as well as directing business visitors to proper offices
- Responsible for ensuring both entrance doors are unlocked at opening time and locked at closing time (i.e. 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM)
- Retrieve daily mail deliveries and distributes to the designated personnel
- Assist with daily office procedures, i.e. ensuring outgoing mail has postage, special mailings, bulk mailings, office supplies and other projects as necessary
- Responsible for the neatness of the visitor center. This includes keeping brochure stands stocked, changing welcoming sign boards, etc.
- Provide miscellaneous administrative support as needed
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Maintain accurate records of all visitor inquiries, fulfilling visitor request with proper information, including envelope stuffing and mailing via computerized data base
- Maintain passports, T-shirts, and information spreadsheet for Wicked Brew Tour and Wichita Attraction Tour
- Maintain inventory control of brochures and coordinates distribution
- In coordination with the Partnership services manager, update partner accounts, write thank you notes, print name tags, pull lists, partner benefit tracking, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President/CEO or supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High School degree required; Some college preferred
- 2 years prior experience working with the public; Industry experience.
- Ability to be bilingual preferred
- Success being a team player in a work environment
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); friendly and kind
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, tact and diplomacy in a wide variety of public contact situations
- Detail orientated
- Planning and organizational skills – ability to establish priorities and follow through on all tasks
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong multi-tasker
- Able to lift 10-25 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable with learning a customer relationship management database
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license and an insured vehicle for periodic business use
To apply for this role, send cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org