Jan. 29, 2008
For immediate release
GWCVB WELCOMES NEW BOARD CHAIR,
THREE NEW BOARD MEMBERS DURING ANNUAL MEETING
(Wichita, Kan.) - Patti McDonough, mall manager, Simon Property Group, assumed the chair of the Greater Wichita Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors during the 2008 Travel Industry Outlook Annual Meeting, Friday, Jan. 25, 2008.
McDonough started her career with Simon Property Group in 1982 and transferred to Wichita in 1995. She succeeds Terry Newman, president and CEO of Papa John's Wichita. Newman was board chair in 2006 and 2007.
Three new board members started three-year terms:
- Lea Firestone, executive vice president and COO of A.G. Holdings LLC.
- Scott Ragatz, managing director and general manager of the Broadview Hotel.
- Don Sayler, president and CEO of the Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association.
Two board members were re-elected to three-year terms:
- John Ek, publisher of the Wichita Business Journal.
- Jeff Pace, general manager of the Hyatt Regency Wichita.
# # #