Sept. 16, 2008
For immediate release
State HR professionals gathering in Wichita
Dealing with human resource issues is a daily fact of business life. Company owners need to find replacements for baby boomers who are about to retire, and the marketplace is moving faster each day.
The 19th Annual Kansas State Society of Human Resource Managers Conference will address those issues. The conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Wichita, Sept. 17-19, 2008. The Kansas State Council of SHRM and the Wichita SHRM Chapter are hosting the conference.
The conference theme is "HR - The Business Partner" and embraces the concept that stakeholders and owners want and need HR professionals to be business partners. Speakers at the conference include:
- Dr. Gerald Graham - R.P. Clinton Distinguished Professor of Management at Wichita State University's W. Frank Barton School of Business.
- Dr. John Sullivan - International HR management advisor who will challenge the antiquated role of HR with presentations on recruitment, retention and strategic talent management.
- Bill Bennett - President of the Organizational Solutions Business Unit of Frankly Covey who will speak on building trust and leadership within an organization.
- Margaret Morford - President for the HR Edge, Inc., will speak about "Management Courage-Having the Heart of a Lion."
- Susan Meisinger - President and CEO of the Society for Human Resource Management will talk about "Human Resource Professionals as Business Partners."
For a copy of the 19th Annual Kansas State SHRM pre-conference brochure, go online to http://www.ksshrm.com/associations/3537/files/PreConference%20Brochure-Final.pdf.
# # #