Director of Communications
April 28, 2010
For immediate release
National Travel & Tourism Week Luncheon and Panel Discussion
Area travel and tourism leaders plus local and state officials will discuss their views on travel trends and the 2010 economy during a luncheon hosted by Go Wichita Convention & Visitors Bureau. The event is part of National Travel and Tourism Week, May 8-16, 2010, organized by the U.S. Travel Association, a week that calls attention to the impact of travel on local workers, businesses and economies.
The luncheon is the first in a series of events this year that will celebrate Go Wichita's 30th anniversary. Go Wichita was established in 1980 to market the greater Wichita area as a major convention and tourism destination and enhance economic development.
What: National Travel & Tourism Luncheon and Panel Discussion
When: Thursday, May 13, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Where: Warren Old Town Theatre Grille, 353 N. Mead
Moderator - Tom Shine, deputy editor, Wichita Eagle
- Becky Blake, director, Kansas Division of Travel & Tourism
- John D'Angelo, director, City of Wichita Arts & Cultural Services
- Ron Holt, assistant county manager, Sedgwick County
- Kim Madison, general manager, Best Western Airport Inn
- John Rolfe, president and CEO, Go Wichita CVB
- Don Sayler, president and CEO, Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association
"We're giving area business owners vital information on how to bring more visitors to their doors," said John Rolfe, Go Wichita president and CEO. "More than 3 million travelers visit Wichita and Sedgwick County each year. This is an important piece of economic development to our communities."
Make reservations by contacting Marylin Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316.265.2800.