Wichita, Kan. - The National Grange will hold its 155th Annual Convention in Wichita, Kansas, from Tuesday, Nov. 9 through Saturday, Nov. 13 at the Hyatt Regency in Wichita.
The National Grange is the oldest agriculture advocacy organization and first organization of its kind to welcome men and women equally into membership from its founding in 1867.
Today the Grange has about 1,500 chapters throughout the country with nearly 150,000 members. There are several local Granges in Kansas with more than a century of service to their communities.
Events of note include:
- Former FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, a Kansas native, will be the keynote speaker at our Advocacy Luncheon on Tuesday, Nov. 9 at noon in the Riverview Ballroom. The Grange has had as one of its signature issues the expansion of rural broadband for nearly two decades and National Grange President Betsy E. Huber has served on the FCC Broadband Deployment Advisory Board.
- The opening of our convention is also on Tuesday, Nov. 9, and Huber will give her Annual Address in the Eagle Ballroom starting at about 2:45 p.m. In this, she lays out policy priorities for the year ahead and reviews the work of our legislative department and highlights Grange news from around the nation.
- Kansas State Secretary of Agriculture Mike Beam will keynote our Salute to Agriculture Luncheon on Wednesday, Nov. 10 starting at 12:15 p.m. in the Riverview Ballroom.
- Also on Wednesday, at 7:30 p.m., several veterans of the armed forces will receive Quilts of Valor made by Grange members. The program will be led by National Grange Lecturer Chris Hamp.
- The public is welcome to purchase tickets to attend the Peterson Brothers concert starting at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 11 at the M.J. Teall Theater at Century II Performing Arts & Convention Center. Tickets are $25 and on sale through https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peterson-farm-brothers-live-tickets-152907348997?aff=ebdiayyoutube
- A talent show will be held on Saturday, Nov. 11 in the M.J. Teall Theater featuring winners from State Granges across the nation.
- On Friday, Nov. 10, the National Grange will announce the winners of the “Teacher of the year,” “Firefighter of the Year” and “Law Enforcement Office of the Year” awards.
All media are welcome to attend any of the events listed and can contact National Grange Communications Director Amanda Brozana-Rios for further details. Please text or email 301-943-1090 or email@example.com prior to arrival for special seating and other accommodations.