With the new year, many have goals to live a healthier lifestyle. Wichita would like to support its community and surrounding areas in that journey by bringing attention to healthy restaurants and activities that can allow people to stick to their goals while having fun exploring the city.
Healthy Dining Options
Wichita has a variety of restaurants that have health in mind. Tanya’s Soup Kitchen is a local favorite, featuring a versatile menu that sources its ingredients locally. They serve four small batch soups that rotate daily and seasonally. Here are some other good soups offered in Wichita:
- House Chili – The Anchor
- Seafood Gumbo – Bagatelle Bakery
- Tomato Bisque – Bella Luna Northeast/Northwest
- French Onion Soup – Georges French Bistro
Want a fresh salad? There are many eateries in Wichita that serve healthy salad options. Here are a variety salads offered in Wichita:
- Mediterranean Salad – Meddy’s Northeast/Downtown/Southeast/Southwest/Northwest
- Smoked Salmon Salad – Monarch
- Grilled Caesar Salad – Siena Tuscan Steakhouse Restaurant
- Southwest Quinoa Salad – The Kitchen
Sweets and Beverages
If you've committed to dry January or love sweets but don't want the extra calories, Wichita has options for you.
- The Donut Whole, makes tasty vegan donuts from scratch. The donut shop makes these donuts in a variety of flavors.
- Churn and Burn is an ice cream place that offers dairy free or vegan alternatives, making this ice cream place one-of-a-kind.
- Public, has a winter cocktail menu which includes two Kombucha cocktails featuring Apollo Fermentation.
- Cana Wine and Cocktails has several alcohol-free options including the Mix It Up, which is made with mixed berry jam, lime juice, sage syrup and egg white.
For more restaurants that cater to gluten free, vegetarian or other special diets, go here for: Wichita restaurants that cater to special diets. Also, find a variety of mocktails when visiting Wichita with this list.
Active Things to Do
Wichita also has many great activities to keep its community active. The city offers more than 140 parks and greenways covering more than 5,000 acres. Bike Walk Wichita has resources for walking and biking the city. Download the Bike Walk app for free access to a collection of self-guided walks and rides. For a list of more outdoor activities look here.
In the event of cold weather, Wichita offers many indoor activities. Another fun way to stay active is by going to Blade & Timber. Throwing axes is a great way to have fun with the family while being active. Bliss Climbing and Fitness, is another option for indoor fun. Rock climbing is a fun way to be challenged mentally and physically. They have novice and advanced routes for new and experienced climbers.
About Visit Wichita
Visit Wichita markets the greater Wichita area as a major convention and tourism destination, thereby enhancing the economic development of the city, county, region and state. Visit Wichita is led by president and CEO Susie Santo, and in 2019 travel and tourism contributed more than $1.1 billion in economic impact to the greater Wichita area.