Director of Communications
May 11, 2012
For immediate release
Wichita hotel industry honors employees for excellent service
(Wichita, Kan.) - For the second year, the Wichita Hotel/Lodging Committee presented its Stars of the Industry Awards honoring employees for outstanding service to visitors.
The awards were announced during the 2012 Go Wichita National Travel & Tourism Week Luncheon at Old Cowtown Museum Visitor Center on May 10, 2012.
The 2012 Stars of the Industry Awards were presented to:
- Front Desk Agent - Michael Wilson, Wichita Inn North
- Housekeeper - Heather Gaw, Hyatt Regency Wichita
- Engineer - Omar Aguilera, La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita East
- Front of the House - Richard Gladney, SpringHill Suites by Marriott East at Plazzio
- Manager - Talia Firestone, Courtyard by Marriott-Wichita at Old Town
- Spirit of Hospitality - Wayne Wilson, Hyatt Regency Wichita.
"We had a number of wonderful nominees this year and it made the selection committee's job extremely difficult," said Kim Madison, chair of the Wichita Hotel/Lodging Committee. "Across the city, our hotel employees understand that great customer service creates repeat visitors who go home with wonderful memories about Wichita."
# # #