Director of Communications
May 11, 2012
For immediate release
Wichita hotel industry honors employees for excellent service
(Wichita, Kan.) - For the second year, the Wichita Hotel/Lodging Committee presented its Stars of the Industry Awards honoring employees for outstanding service to visitors.
The awards were announced during the 2012 Go Wichita National Travel & Tourism Week Luncheon at Old Cowtown Museum Visitor Center on May 10, 2012.
The 2012 Stars of the Industry Awards were presented to:
- Front Desk Agent - Michael Wilson, Wichita Inn North
- Housekeeper - Heather Gaw, Hyatt Regency Wichita
- Engineer - Omar Aguilera, La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita East
- Front of the House - Richard Gladney, SpringHill Suites by Marriott East at Plazzio
- Manager - Talia Firestone, Courtyard by Marriott-Wichita at Old Town
- Spirit of Hospitality - Wayne Wilson, Hyatt Regency Wichita.
"We had a number of wonderful nominees this year and it made the selection committee's job extremely difficult," said Kim Madison, chair of the Wichita Hotel/Lodging Committee. "Across the city, our hotel employees understand that great customer service creates repeat visitors who go home with wonderful memories about Wichita."
# # #About Visit Wichita
Visit Wichita markets the greater Wichita area as a major convention and tourism destination, thereby enhancing the economic development of the city, county, region and state. Visit Wichita is led by President and CEO Susie Santo, and in 2013 travel and tourism contributed more than $1 billion in economic impact to the Wichita MSA.