Find yourself spending Labor Day in Wichita? You won’t have to work hard (see what we did there?) to find plenty to do throughout Labor Day weekend.
The Wichita event calendar is packed that weekend and we’ve pulled together 10 fun things to do in Wichita from Friday, Aug. 30 to Monday, Sept. 2:
- It’s your last weekend to see the national traveling exhibit Planet Shark: Predator or Prey at Exploration Place.
- Crash “My Big Rad 80s Wedding” at Mosley Street Melodrama. This show is rated PG-13 with some innuendo and there are performances Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Catch the final regular-season homestand of the Wichita Wingnuts independent baseball team. The Wingnuts play the Sioux City Explorers Friday-Sunday at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.
- Only a few days remain to see the Blues exhibit at The Kansas African American Museum before it ends Sept. 8.
- Comedian Greg Morton performs nightly Thursday-Sunday at The Loony Bin. There’s also a special 5 p.m. performance of The Mastermind Show with Curtis the Mentalist on Saturday.
- Take a free tour of art in Wichita’s art galleries, museums, restaurants and retail shops during the Final Friday Art Crawl. Don’t miss Phlox Kansas putting on a display of fire, LED and dance at about 8 p.m. in Old Town Square.
- Spend Friday night with investigative reporter and author Greg Palast, who will be live at the historic Orpheum Theatre.
- The 5th annual Cruisin’ For A Cure Car Show is a childhood cancer fundraiser that starts at 9 a.m. Saturday at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium. It features more than 200 custom, hot rods, originals, race cars, rat rods, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles and even tractors!
- Spend Saturday night at Museum of World Treasures for A Night at Hogwarts - Adult Edition.
- Attend the first concert event at Wichita’s new downtown venue. Wave is designed to be a indoor-outdoor space that feels like a major event space and your favorite neighborhood bar.The Toadies perform at 7 p.m. Saturday.
Search the calendar for a full listing of upcoming events and activities in Wichita.