Spend Easter weekend in Wichita and enjoy Easter egg hunts, activities with the Easter bunny and a selection of Sunday brunches that only the largest city in Kansas can offer!
Springtime Family Activities
If you’re looking for things to do in Wichita during Easter, you’ll have plenty of options. Spring can be a great season to spend time outdoors with family.
- Explore some of Wichita’s 144 parks, including these hidden gems
- See what’s blooming in the gardens at Botanica Wichita
- Visit Blackbear Bosin’s 44-foot-tall Keeper of the Plains sculpture and explore the area along the Arkansas River by foot, bicycle or electric scooter
- Rent a bicycle from Boats & Bikes or borrow one of 200 bicycles at 40 stations around Wichita through our Bike Share ICT program and experience the variety of trails available
- Go on a self-guided public art tour
- Engage with animals at Sedgwick County Zoo (the country’s seventh-largest zoo), Tanganyika Wildlife Park or the free Kansas Wildlife Exhibit in Riverside Park
If the weather isn’t ideal during Easter weekend, check out our blog post “Things to do in Wichita when it’s cold or rainy.”
Check Visit Wichita’s full calendar of events for the latest updates on Easter-related events and activities. Here are some of the most popular annual events:
- Towne East Square offers photos with the Easter bunny and photo packages for sale from April 1 through 16.
- Cabela’s Wichita offers free photos with the Easter bunny. Visit the store website for details.
- Easter Eggstravaganza at O.J. Watson Park, 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 9 is organized by Wichita Park & Recreation and the Salvation Army. Bring $5 cash for admission per vehicle, baskets for the egg hunt and a camera to capture the fun. There’s also jelly bean guessing, basket giveaways, photos with the Easter bunny and more!
- Botanica Wichita’s Easter Egg Hunt, 3 to 5 p.m., Saturday, April 9, includes a hunt in the Downing Children’s Garden divided into two age groups, crafts, yard games, free carousel rides, a petting zoo, a printed photo with the Easter bunny, visits with princesses and fairies and prizes for each child. Pre-registration is required and early sign-up is encouraged due to limited tickets.
- 28th annual Youth Horizons Easter Sun Run, 8 a.m. (10K) and 10 a.m. (2-mile run/walk), Saturday, April 16, at Sedgwick County Park. The run/walk events are followed by a family and community cookout including activities for youth, participants and supporters.
- Sedgwick County Zoo’s Easter Eggstravaganza, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, April 16, featuring the Easter bunny, games and goodies! While there isn’t a traditional Easter egg hunt, there are giant Easter eggs hidden around the zoo that children can count for a prize at the end of their visit. Regular admission applies.
- All Star Sports’ Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m., Saturday, April 16, includes hunts for younger kids on the mini golf courses and larger kids on the driving range, photos with the Easter bunny and a raffle for great prizes. Bring your own basket and reserve your ticket online in advance ($5 donation per child to benefit local charities).
Easter Brunch & Special Menus
With more than 1,200 restaurants across the city, Wichita has amazing brunch options year-round. There are even more special meals to choose from when you’re looking to dine out on Easter weekend in Wichita. Look for the holiday menus at these local favorites:
AVI Seabar & Chophouse inside the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview
Chisholm's American Beef and Ale House inside the Doubletree by Hilton Wichita Airport
Siena Tuscan Steakhouse Restaurant inside the Ambassador Hotel Autograph Collection
Make plans now to visit the heart of the country to enjoy Easter and the many family-friendly spring events happening in Wichita.