If you’re planning to attend an event at Hartman Arena – such as the 66th Annual NAIA Men’s Wrestling National Championships or the next Wichita Wings game – and are staying in a Wichita area hotel, chances are you may be interested in finding things to do in the area. There are tons of great options!
We’ve put together some ideas to help plan your day, all within a short drive of the arena.
Discover Bradley Fair
Located in east Wichita, Bradley Fair is home to a variety of upscale shopping and dining options. From big name brands like Gap and Athleta to a plethora of local shops, you can shop for hours at Bradley Fair.
The area also offers plenty of dining options like First Mile Kitchen, Redrock Canyon Grill, Bella Luna Café, HomeGrown Wichita, Newport Grill, YaYa’s Eurobistro and more. A great grab-and-go option is Everyday Elderslie, a temporary pop-up eatery serving farm-to-table goodies and healthy packaged food options. For gourmet sweet treats, stop by Bakesale Treat Parlor.
After you've visited the many shops at Bradley Fair, peruse goods at one of these unique local shops in the area:
- Infinity Art Glass: unique, handmade glass products
- Kart Art Glass: glass, mosaics, pottery, jewelry, kaleidoscopes, metal and wood items created by more than 100 local and regional artists
- Paramount East Antique Mall: antiques, vintage, furniture, glassware, primitives, industrial, farmhouse décor and more
- Pedego Wichita: Kansas’ only dealer for Pedego Electric Bikes
- The Popcorner: delicious selection of popcorn flavors to fudge, chocolate-covered pretzels and more
- Twister City Harley-Davidson: motorcycles and motorcycle gear
Deano's Grill & Tapworks
Find Flavorful Food
While there are many dining options in Bradley Fair, northeast Wichita is also chock full of restaurants.
- Chicken N Pickle - play pickleball, bocce ball, shuffleboard or table tennis while enjoy delicious chicken fare
- Dave & Buster’s - a family-friendly experience loaded with interactive play, virtual reality favorites and 200 of the biggest, newest and best arcade games
- The menu at Chester's Chophouse and Wine Bar includes wood-fired oven pizzas, oysters flown in daily and chophouse favorites such as Maple Mustard Salmon and Creekstone Farms USDA Prime Black Angus Beef steaks.
- Cocoa Dolce Chocolates takes pride in its Sweet Lounge concept, featuring all things chocolate and a cozy atmosphere.
- Find all of your Mexican favorites like enchiladas and fajitas at Carlos O’ Kelly’s Mexican Café.
- Not only will you like the 23 big screen televisions, you’ll love the flavorful, fresh food at Deano’s Grill & Tapworks.
- Enjoy small bites and a fun atmosphere at Dōma.
- A great place to find coffees and teas, Fairmount Coffee Co. is also the perfect spot to find smoothies, sandwiches, soups, salads and more.
- Families rave about the great tasting burgers and craft root beer and soda at Fizz Burgers & Bottles.
- Find breakfast all day long and drinks made from old-fashion soda fountains at Jimmie’s Diner.
- Meddys Northeast specializes in fresh, made-to-order, authentic Mediterranean options. They also have a great kids menu with traditional fare such as macaroni and cheese and chicken tenders.
- Whether you choose to sit in one of the large, colorful booths or the old-fashioned trolley car, you’ll love the Italian fare at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
- For an upscale night out, head to Georges French Bistro. They serve modern French cuisine in a classy, sophisticated spot in the heart of one of Wichita’s east side neighborhoods, College Hill.
- If your group is all 21+, you’ll enjoy Headshots Bar & Grill and their more than 1,000 video games and 500 board games.
- Find mouth-watering pizza, sandwiches, salads and sides at Ziggy’s Pizza.
- Looking for barbecue while you’re in the Heart of the Country? Find it at Hog Wild Pit Bar-B-Q (East, Northeast and North) or Two Brothers BBQ.
- Saltgrass Steak House is famous for serving Certified Angus Beef steaks, fresh seafood and homemade sides.
- Order wood-fired pizzas and handcrafted beers at Wichita Brewing Co. & Pizzeria or delicious salads, pizzas, gourmet burgers and more at Bricktown Brewery.
Helping cheer on your favorite athlete can be intense. Unwind at salons like Bohemia Healing Spa, which specializes in therapeutic massage, facials, waxing, indulgent health wraps and men’s services. Need a quick manicure or pedicure? There are many nail bars to choose from in the area that accept walk-in clients.
From indoor rock climbing to hundreds of video games, there are a ton of fun activities to enjoy when you’re in between competitions at the arena.
- Newly opened Topgolf Wichita offers climate-controlled hitting bays for you and your family to take aim and swing at outfield targets. Plus, the entertainment venue has TVs throughout for a sports bar atmosphere. You can rent clubs or bring your own, so swing by Sticks 96 Golf if you’re looking for new clubs.
- Get active with a day pass at the North YMCA or relax in the sauna or steam room.
- Built with loose, sandy loam, Bar2Bar MX Park is Kansas' only American Motorcyclist Association(AMA)-sanctioned track.
- Jeeps Motorcycle Club Inc. is the oldest, continuously active motorcycle-oriented association in our area and has 80 acres of riding fun on seven tracks.
- Choose from a variety of classes and workshops at Mark Arts, including ceramics, culinary, dance, digital arts, drawing, jewelry/metalsmithing, painting and more.
- Paint the Towne has everything you need for a fun, guided painting experience. They also have to-go kits that you can take home to create your own masterpiece.
- Find outdoor equipment, clothing and more at Cabela’s.
- Wichita Sports Forum offers leagues, classes, camps and open play on indoor fields and courts across a variety of sports.
- Experience awesome indoor arcades along with other indoor activities ranging from a rock-climbing wall to laser tag and billiards at All Star Adventures, The Alley Indoor Entertainment and Dave & Buster’s.
- Get your heart pumping by playing pickleball on the indoor courts at Chicken N Pickle or catching some air at Aviate inside Wichita Sports Forum.
- Go bowling at Northrock Lanes, West Acres Bowl and The Alley Indoor Entertainment.
- Visit a shooting and training center: Range 54 has climate-controlled shooting bays with turning targets and Rainier Arms Firearms Academy is Wichita’s largest gun range with 27,000 square feet. Find all the best tactical gear at 5.11 Tactical.
- Scale a 38-foot top-rope and lead climbing wall or a 16-foot bouldering wall at Bliss Climbing & Fitness.
Outdoor recreational spaces can be found within a short drive of the arena.
- Near the Wichita State University campus, you’ll find Wichita’s Black history on display along the Redbud Trail. Three rest areas tell the story of the people who live in nearby neighborhoods with art and history-filled installations at 9th & Hillside, 13th & Roosevelt and 17th & Oliver.
- Explore the indoor museum at Great Plains Nature Center to learn about Kansas wildlife and native habitats. Just outside the doors of the museum is an easy trail to tackle at Chisholm Creek Park.
- Find trails, playgrounds and more at city parks like Lincoln, McAdams and Fairmount.
- Get in a round of golf at city courses or play disc golf at nearby Evergreen Park. A little south of Wichita State University, you can find MacDonald, a public course. Also in east Wichita are private clubs, Crestview Country Club, Rolling Hills Golf Club and Flint Hills National Golf Club.
Museums and Attractions
- The Wichita area is home to 20+ museums, many of which are located downtown, but you will also find several near Hartman Arena.
- Two Wichita museums located on the Wichita State University campus are free to visit. Feed your curiosity about the origin of Pizza Hut at The Original Pizza Hut Museum or stop by the Ulrich Museum of Art to see modern and contemporary artwork on display.
- Tour one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpieces, the Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen House Museum and Study Center. Reserve a tour time online.
- At the Sedgwick County Zoo, see 3,000 individual animals of nearly 400 species grouped geographically and in settings that duplicate their natural habitats.
Visit our webpage on indoor family fun for more ideas of things to do while you are in Wichita. You’ll also find more than 1,200 eateries and a variety of breweries, taprooms and wineries throughout the city.