Whether you’re looking for an early celebration or late-night fun, an activity for the whole family or an adult-themed party, here is your guide to what to do on New Year’s Eve in Wichita.
Even if plan to ring in 2022 from the comfort of your hotel room or home, we have some do-it-yourself suggestions for creative ways to spend NYE in Wichita.
- Timed tickets are available between 5:30 and 9 p.m. on Dec. 31 for the drive-thru winter light extravaganza Safari of Lights at Tanganyika Wildlife Park
- Make a reservation to play some of the 1,000 video games or 500 board games at Headshots Bar & Grill with your group of family or friends (best for older kids and anyone under 21 must be with an adult)
- Holly Jolly Jurassic Holiday at Field Station: Dinosaurs turns into Family New Year’s Eve from 1 to 9 p.m. on Dec. 31
- Dave & Buster’s is open from noon to midnight on New Year’s Eve; those younger than 18 must be with a guardian at least 25 years old
- At Chicken N Pickle, skate on the Ice Pond at the Plazzio or book one of their indoor sports courts
- Illuminations 2021 at Botanica Wichita offers advance tickets only for their walk-thru event; open 5:30 to 9 p.m. and time slots have start times between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. on Dec. 31
- Blade & Timber is taking reservations for 1.5-hour ax throwing sessions with start times from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., ages 10 and older can participate
- Axe to Grind urban ax throwing and social venue is taking reservations for packages with start times from 1 p.m. to midnight (Must be 10 years old to play; anyone under 18 must have parental supervision)
- The Alley Indoor Entertainment: New Year’s Eve at The Alley features bowling, go karts, laser maze, Holgate VR, arcade and pizza. Reservations required for Party 1 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. or Party 2 from 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.
- Find over the top Christmas decor, Christmas-inspired cocktails, a festive draft beer list plus games, prizes and giveaways at Ziggy's Christmas Pop Up Bar at its Clifton Square location
- XY Bar in the Old Town District is Wichita’s largest LGBTQ dance club
- NYE with Paul Bogart at Wichita Union Stockyards: Nashville recording artist Paul Bogart will perform; tickets include breakfast buffet served right after midnight
- Dance to the freshest disco jams with DJ E working from the indoor stage at WAVE; tickets include a champagne toast at midnight
- River City Brewing Co. is Wichita’s original brew pub; they keep 16 handcrafted ales on tap and have a menu reflecting Kansas’ heritage and often have live music
- Make a reservation for the newly enclosed heated patio at Public and The Brickyard or get a table inside to enjoy drinks and a menu based on fresh and regionally sustainable ingredients; watch social media for their special announcements on music and beer offerings
- Mort's Martini & Cigar Bar is always a good time in Old Town, with more than 160 amazing martinis, a full bar and live local music
- Ring in the new year at NYE in the ICT - 2022
- Count on a good vibes at Lucky's Everyday, Wichita’s favorite dive bar
- NYE at Loony Bin Comedy Club: Laugh in 2022 with John Wesley Austin, early show at 7:30 p.m. and the 10 p.m. show includes party favors, snacks and a champagne toast
- Wichita’s first immersive tiki bar, Lava & Tonic, offers reservable booths plus open seating at the bar. They rotate through seasonal cocktails served in fun vessels and also offer beer, wine and other libations
- Listen to live music – Dead Shoes and The Giant Thriller – at Kirby’s Beer Store
- Enjoy a Harry Potter-themed elixir at the Apparition Yule Ball pop-up bar at Headshots Bar & Grill
- Georges French Bistro is celebrating NYE with chef specials, a new cocktail menu, a champagne toast and more; reservations recommended
- Space is limited at Dockum beneath the Ambassador Hotel Wichita so you’ll need a reservation to enjoy craft cocktails and music at this Speakeasy-style bar
- Find a warm atmosphere with a large selection of craft beer and local ale, signature cocktails and fine wines at Chisholm's American Beef and Ale House inside the DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Hotel. Enjoy a New Year's Eve buffet from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Order an Avalanche or Ski Yak Later cocktail at Chicken N Pickle’s Snowbound: A Merry Ski Lodge, a rooftop, themed pop-up bar, or come for the 1990s vs. 2000s party starting at 8:30 p.m. and featuring a DJ battle, drink specials and a great prize for the best dressed
- Become a member of the Candle Club, Wichita’s premier dining and entertainment establishment since 1960, and join in their New Year’s Eve. Tickets are $100 per person and include a specialty chef's choice buffet with appetizers, salad, main entrees, sides and desserts. The band Epic performing at 8 p.m., raffles throughout the night, and champagne toast at midnight
- Head downtown to Cana Wine and Cocktails for an intimate atmosphere, original cocktails and fantastic bartending
- Alzavino Wine Tavern: Stop by this wine bar featuring 90 different bottles from around the globe for your last chance to sample (1 oz, 3 oz or 6 oz pours) the 16 wines on the self-serve machine. A new rotation will go up on Jan. 2!
- 6S Steakhouse: Enjoy one of their NYE-themed specialty cocktail at the bar – including several featuring champagne – or make a reservation to enjoy their prix fixe menu
Do It Yourself Fun
- Set up game night at home and stock up with goodies from our local sweet and savory treat purveyors. You’ll find chocolates at Cocoa Dolce (downtown, west and east), nuts and candies at The Farris Wheel or Nifty Nut House as well as popcorn from Kernel’s Popcorn Express and The Popcorner (east or west).
- Tune your television to one of the New Year’s Eve celebration national broadcasts and enjoy a meal from a Wichita restaurant offering takeout, curbside or delivery.
- Pick up supplies for an arts and crafts night at home. Gift shops at the Wichita Art Museum and the Mid-America All-Indian Museum, among others, offer materials and self-guided projects. Board & Brush and Paint the Towne offer take home kits to help you create your own work of art.
- Load the family in the car and take a drive to see some of these popular neighborhood light displays in Wichita that remain up through the end of the year. Make sure to swing by one of these Wichita coffee shops and enjoy a warm beverage during the tour.
- Toast to a healthy 2022 at home with a glass of wine, a pint of beer or your favorite cocktail from one of Wichita’s craft breweries or wineries as well as restaurants and bars that sell to-go drinks.
Keep an eye on our calendar of events for the latest things to do in Wichita.