Plan to spend Easter weekend in Wichita and enjoy Easter egg hunts, activities with the Easter Bunny and a great selection of Sunday brunches and dinners – a tradition in the Heart of the Country.
Springtime Family Activities
If you’re looking for things to do in Wichita for Easter, you’ll have plenty of options. Not only are there Easter events taking place in the Heart of the Country, but you’ll also find that Spring is a great season to spend time outdoors with family.
- Explore some of Wichita’s 144 parks, including these hidden gems
- See what’s blooming in the gardens at Botanica Wichita
- Visit Blackbear Bosin’s 44-foot-tall Keeper of the Plains sculpture and explore the area along the Arkansas River by foot, bicycle or electric scooter
- Rent a bicycle from Boats & Bikes or borrow one of 200 bicycles at 40 stations around Wichita through our Bike Share ICT program and experience the variety of trails available
- Go on a self-guided public art tour
- Experience nature in the Heart of the Country at the Great Plains Nature Center
- Engage with animals at Sedgwick County Zoo (the country’s seventh-largest zoo), Tanganyika Wildlife Park or the free Kansas Wildlife Exhibit in Riverside Park
- If the weather isn’t ideal during Easter weekend, check out these indoor activities in Wichita
Easter egg hunts and special events
Check Visit Wichita’s full calendar of events for the latest updates on Easter-related events and activities. Here are some of the most popular annual events:
- Towne East Square offers photos with the Easter Bunny and photo packages for sale from March 24 through April 8. Swing by between 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on April 7 for their Easter Celebration, complete with face painting, a craft table, giveaways and cookie decorating with the Easter Bunny.
- Cabela’s Wichita Free Photos with the Easter Bunny. Visit the store website for details.
- Easter Eggstravaganza at O.J. Watson Park, 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 1, is organized by Wichita Park & Recreation and the Salvation Army. Bring $5 cash for admission per vehicle, baskets for the egg hunt and a camera to capture the fun. There’s also jellybean guessing contest, basket giveaways, photos with the Easter Bunny and more!
- Tulip Fest 2023 at Botanica Wichita, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the first three Saturdays in April (April 1, 8 & 15), will feature more than 70,000 tulips, live music and activities for adults and children. On April 1 and 8, enjoy a complimentary digital photo with the ICT Easter Bunny.
- 29th annual Youth Horizons Easter Sun Run, 9 a.m. (10K) and 11 a.m. (2-mile run/walk), Saturday, April 8, at Sedgwick County Park. The run/walk events are followed by a family and community cookout including activities for youth, participants and supporters.
- Sedgwick County Zoo’s Easter Eggstravaganza, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, April 8, featuring the Easter Bunny, games and goodies! While there isn’t a traditional Easter egg hunt, there are giant Easter eggs hidden around the zoo that children can count for a prize at the end of their visit.
- 11th annual All Star Sports’ Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m., Saturday, April 8, includes hunts for younger kids on the mini golf courses and larger kids on the driving range, photos with the Easter Bunny and a raffle for great prizes. Bring your own basket and reserve your ticket online in advance ($5 donation per child to benefit Boy Scouts of America).
- The Great Candy Hunt on the Farm at Eberly Farm, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, April 2, includes activities, beautiful views, crafts, games, family fun and two Easter candy hunts during their Great Candy Hunt on the Farm event.
- The AbilityPoint Easter Egg Hunt, 9:30 a.m., Saturday, April 8, is a fun hunt for special education students and their siblings 12 and under.
With more than 1,200 restaurants across the city, Wichita has amazing brunch options year-round. For a special Easter Brunch, hop on over to the Hyatt Regency Wichita for six buffet stations, an Easter egg hunt and photos with the Easter Bunny.
Additionally, look for other Easter brunch, Easter dinner and Easter restaurant specials at local favorites such as 6S Steakhouse, Bagatelle Bakery, Chisholm's American Beef and Ale House, Dempsey’s Biscuit Co., Doo-Dah Diner, HomeGrown Wichita (Bradley Fair, Downtown & West) locations, Jimmie’s Diner (South & North Rock), Newport Grill, Public, Redrock Canyon Grill, River City Brewing Co., Siena Tuscan Steakhouse Restaurant, Vora Restaurant European, YaYa’s Eurobistro and more.
Make plans now to visit the Heart of the Country to enjoy Easter and the many family-friendly spring events happening in Wichita.