On Sunday, Nov. 25, 2018, almost 900 museum stores representing all 50 states, 11 countries, and three continents will offer relaxing, inspired shopping inside your favorite museums and cultural institutions. At the time of publication, two stores inside museums in Wichita have signed on to participate in Museum Store Sunday: Wichita Art Museum and Museum of World Treasures.
These are one-of-a kind Wichita stores, showcasing highly curated, unique gifts with something for everyone. Plus, you shop here knowing you are supporting the missions and programs of each museum. The Museum Store @ WAM, for example, uses store profits to help support museum programs, like free admission and free transportation for visiting school groups.
The Museum Store at WAM is offering 25 percent off all jewelry on Nov. 25. They carry local, national and international artists who are Fair Trade Federation Members. You’ll find brands from Ayala Bar to Zsiska, including local artist Lamzy Divey. In addition to jewelry, the store sells educational toys and games, art and art supplies, Wichita flag merchandise and many more gift options.
The Museum of World Treasures renovated its gift shop in 2017 and added more items. Kids love exploring the Crystal Cave, a “hidden” room inside the store with a treasure trove of crystals and minerals to fit every budget.
Some of the best Wichita gift shops are tucked into the city’s museums, and they don’t require admission if you’re just stopping in to shop! From books to home accessories to gourmet food, you’ll find a broad selection of mission-related items for a range of ages.
Here are other stores at Wichita museums and attractions to check out:
- Botanica Wichita
- Boutique at CityArts
- Explore Store at Exploration Place
- Tricera-Shops at Field Station: Dinosaurs
- Gilded Garage Gift Shop at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Allen House Museum
- Owl’s Nest Gift Shop at Great Plains Nature Center
- Great Plains Transportation Museum
- Kansas Aviation Museum
- Kansas Firefighters Museum and Fallen Firefighters Memorial
- Mark Arts
- Mid-America All-Indian Center
- S.G. Bastian and Sons Mercantile at Old Cowtown Museum
- Sedgwick County Zoo
- Tanganyika Wildlife Park
- Heritage Gift Shop at The Kansas African American Museum
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum
- Wichita Toy Train Club & Museum
Be sure to check operating hours before heading out to shop.