Not able to travel away from home during National Travel and Tourism Week? Be a tourist right here in the heart of the country – and for a great price! Many of Wichita’s most popular attractions are offering discounted or free admission on certain days of the week through the summer! Check out these ways to save while entertaining yourself or entire family.
- Head to Botanica Wichita and enjoy extended hours on Tuesday and Thursdays until 8 p.m. through September.
- The Sedgwick County Zoo hosts Twilight Tuesdays during the month of July where admission is $3 and they offer extended hours, 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- All visitors to the Wichita Art Museum receive free general admission on Saturdays.
- Admission into Old Cowtown Museum is free noon-4 p.m. on Sundays.
- Little Aviators takes place from 10 a.m.-noon every Friday at the Kansas Aviation Museum for children ages 1-12. Admission is free for children and one accompanying adult.
- Wichita Wind Surge fans get two tickets for the price of one every Tuesday home game when they show their Dillons Shopper Card or the Dillons App at the Wind Surge Box Office. Fans can also enjoy two-for-one Honeysuckle white turkey burgers and Kona Ice.
- Exploration Place, along with the Sedgwick County Zoo, Botanica and Kansas Aviation Museum, is participating in the Sunflower Summer program, allowing all Kansas students along with up to two adults free admission from May 28 – August 14. Additionally, Exploration Place is offering a 50 percent discount on any yearlong membership for Sunflower Summer visitors. Those wishing to take part in the Sunflower Summer Program just need to download the app.
- Botanica, Exploration Place, Old Cowtown Museum, Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum and Wichita Art Museum are participating in the 2022 Blue Star Museums program – which began on Armed Forces Day (May 21) and runs through Labor Day (Sept. 5) – and offers free admission to America’s active-duty military personnel, including the National Guard and Reserves and their families.
- The Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum is $5 for adults, $2 for children 6-12 and free for children under age 6.
- Admission to The Kansas African American Museum is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors (55+), youth (grades 6-12) $4 and children (grades k-5) $3.
- The Mid-America All-Indian Museum admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors, military with ID and students 13 and above with ID, $3 for children 6-12 and free for children under 6.
- Admission is less than $10 for adults, $8 for children 4-12 and free for children 3 and under at the Museum of World Treasures.
Another great way to save is by using the Explore Card. Simply stop by the Visit Wichita offices at 515 N. Main, suite 115 in downtown Wichita or pay full price at the first attraction you visit. Ask for an Explore Card and receive a $2 discount on each ticket purchased at participating attractions. And if you want to know about events, concerts and more, be sure to check all the things to do in Wichita and our calendar of events.