Saturday, March 17 in Wichita offers a unique combination of special events: the third session games of the 2018 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship and St. Patrick’s Day.
You’ll find festivities surrounding throughout the city with a high concentration in downtown, Old Town, Delano and the Douglas Design District.
Two NCAA basketball games are being played at INTRUST Bank Arena on Saturday. Both games are part of Session 3 with tipoff at 6:10 p.m. for the University of Kansas vs. Seton Hall, followed by Houston vs. Michigan.
If you have tickets for the games, it’ll be convenient to partake in St. Paddy’s Day before or after. And if you don’t have tickets, there are fan events surrounding the arena that will allow you to feel the madness.
All of the following are within blocks of the arena or accessible on the free Q-Line Trolley from the arena area.
- Battle of the Brackets ICT & Irish Fest 2018 at Brick+Mortar
- Bracket Bash – St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
- Brews and Basketball at Third Place Brewing
- Courtside on Commerce & St. Patrick’s Day Block Party
- Cox FanZone at Lou's Place & St. Patrick’s Day at Lou’s
- Dockum speakeasy St. Patty’s party
- St. Patrick's Day at the Artichoke
- St. Patrick’s Day Bash at Barleycorn’s
- Wichita Brewing Company Tailgate Party with St. Patrick's Day Party
Historic Delano District
Douglas Design District
- Ziggy's Basketball Hub - St. Patty's Day Party
- Brickyard Bash St. Patrick’s Day celebration
- Biggins Alley and Patio Party – St. Patrick’s Day festivities
- Hotel at Old Town Pop-Up Pub
- ICT Biggest Indoor St. Pat’s/Watch Party at Wheat State Distilling
- Mort's Cigar and Martini Bar Watch Party & St. Patrick's Day Fun
- St. Patrick’s Day at River City Brewery
- XY St. Patrick’s Day
- 7th Annual Kegs & Eggs
Learn more about Wichita’s distinct districts:
For a complete list of events while you’re in Wichita, visit our calendar of events page. For a comprehensive guide to enjoying the NCAA tournament in Wichita, check out our welcome page for basketball fans.