If you’ve never visited a farm to cut your own Christmas tree in Wichita, you’re missing an incredible experience. Even if you’re not up for doing all the sawing yourself, you’ll still enjoy a visit to area Christmas tree farms. They’ll offer to do the cutting and will tie the tree to your car, or there are pre-cut options available too.
You’ll find plenty of Christmas tree lots in Wichita, KS but if you have the time this season, get out and smell the trees while enjoying the holiday festivities each farm offers.
“The best thing we offer is a place to get away from the hectic pace of life,” said Bob Scott, owner of Prairie Pines Christmas Tree farm in west Wichita. “We encourage people to forget all the pressure for a moment, have a good time, breathe in the fresh air and smell the trees. We sell a lot more fun than we do trees.”
Here’s a list of Christmas tree farms in the Wichita area. Be sure the call in advance to check hours, tree supply and what activities are available.
Address:4055 N. Tyler Road, Wichita, KS Phone: 316-722-1145
Season: Nov. 23 through mid-December.
- Santa visits Nov. 23 at 11 a.m.
- Hayrack rides take customers to field to choose-and-cut trees or find pre-cut trees
- Old-fashioned Christmas experience (carolers, rustic log bar, Christmas shop, free train rides, refreshments)
- Fundraiser raises money for Maize High School music department
Address: 11229 E. Creed, Wichita, KS Phone: 316-684-0464
Season: Nov. 23 through Dec. 16.
- Hot apple cider
- Hayrack rides out to the field to choose your perfect tree
Address: 6802 S. Oliver St., Derby, KS Phone: 316-258-0088
Season: Nov. 18 through Dec. 21.
- Choose from pre-cut trees or cut your own at this third-generation farm
- Gift shop full of unique Christmas décor
- Free hayrack rides
- Free hot chocolate, coffee or cappuccino
- Santa visits Dec. 2
Address: 15630 E. 47th St. S., Derby, KS Phone: 316-733-0918
Season: Nov. 18-Dec. 16
- Cut your own tree, have the team cut it or choose pre-cut options
- They will shake it and tie it to your car for free
- Homemade apple cider
- Train rides for kids
- Check their website for Santa’s next visit