Wichita is more than Kansas’ largest city, it’s also a place for couples to experience romance in a modern, yet easy-going setting. From swanky to cozy, the city is known for its variety of hotels and also offers more than 1,000 restaurants to choose from – many offering views to swoon over.
Stay in style at one of these memorable hotels:
• Impress your date in the state’s only AAA Four Diamond property: the luxurious Ambassador Hotel Autograph Collection, named the “Most Beautiful Hotel in Kansas” by Architectural Digest. Dine at Siena Tuscan Steakhouse, the “Best Steakhouse in Kansas,” according to Tasty Table, and enjoy a specialty cocktail at Dockum, the hotel’s speakeasy-style bar.
• The largest hotel in Wichita, Hyatt Regency Wichita, is surrounded by beautiful rock fountains and walking paths. Grab a casual, farm-to-table dinner at the Harvest Kitchen | Bar and catch a show at the connecting Century II Performing Arts & Convention Center for the perfect date night.
• With a stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wichita Downtown, you'll be within walking distance of INTRUST Bank Arena and minutes from the Arkansas River, where the Keeper of the Plains is located.
• History, culture and beauty surround you at Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview. Outside, the Wichita landmark offers stunning views of downtown and sunsets over the Arkansas River. Inside, you’ll find the “Most Romantic Restaurant in Wichita,” according to Delish.
• Top off your night at the Hilton Garden Inn & Suites and look forward to a cooked-to-order breakfast. Plus, view Bradley Fair Lake from this relaxing location, then take a walk along the outdoor shops and restaurants.
• Stay in one of the Wichita’s newest, modernly-hip hotels, Aloft Wichita Northeast, offering comfortable, loft-inspired rooms, local art and live music and a splash pool open from morning to night.
When on a couple’s getaway, intimate dinners are a must. You’ll find romantic ambiance and exquisite food at Larkspur Bistro & Bar, which offers culinary creations including Mediterranean, French, Italian and American dishes. Impress your date with wine and live music on the patio, or enjoy an award-winning cocktail while listening to the baby grand piano inside. Larkspur is the perfect way to start an evening with someone special.
Indulge in classic, comfortable food in an elegant setting at YaYa’s Eurobistro. Start your romantic evening with a perfectly paired glass of wine to enhance expertly prepared dishes such as duck risotto, natural beef tenderloin with demi-glaze or grilled lamb with mint gremolata.
Enjoy a taste of the good life with Bella Vita Bistro’s fresh, homemade and traditional Northern Italian, French and Continental cuisine in a casual, yet intimate fine-dining atmosphere. Be sure to try the hummus!
Get whisked away at Elderslie Farm, a cozy farm café located just 20 minutes north of Wichita. Perfect for a special breakfast or a romantic dinner under the stars.
Additionally, Wichita has several lovey-dovey locations that are a must-visit on any couple’s getaway:
• View Bradley Fair Lake while being pampered at Healing Waters. Then take a walk along the outdoor shops and restaurants. During summer months, enjoy the Summer Jazz series at Bradley Fair. Or during the holidays, get swept away on a horse-drawn carriage ride. Take your date and experience
• The Fountains at WaterWalk are gleaming with radiant colors and timed to music for a great water show.
• Walk together across the magnificent suspension bridge over the Arkansas River and experience the nightly lighting of the Keeper of the Plains. If you’re up for a little quirky fun, see if you can find the hidden troll statue in the area.
• Sip on a signature cocktail, handcrafted in Wichita, at Wheat State Distillery.
• Create a masterpiece at Paint the Towne, a paint and sip studio nestled in the charming Clifton Square Village.