Information Regarding COVID-19
Updated: 3/24/20 at 12:30 pm
Visit Wichita is dedicated to the health and well-being of our visitors, and we want to make sure they have the most up to date information regarding COVID-19 specific to our city. We are also committed to assisting our community partners and continue to monitor nationally as well as statewide and locally for all efforts that can assist them. If you are a Visit Wichita partner, you can find a full list of resources by visiting our partner resources page.
On March 23rd, Governor Kelly issued an Executive Order limiting gatherings to no more than 10 people. Social distancing of six feet or more is still expected. Sedgwick County has given regular updates on the situation which can be viewed here. On March 24th, Sedgwick County signed a Stay-at-Home Order for all of Sedgwick County effective March 25, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. To view the county order and exceptions, click here.
We are doing our very best to keep event changes updated, but as many across the city have cancelled or postponed, we recommend that you confirm with organizers and businesses owners while following their communications before arriving.
Thank you for following the recommended practices of washing your hands for 20 seconds, using social distancing recommendations of no less than six feet, covering your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing, avoiding touching your face, and staying home when you are sick.
Additional helpful resources:
- Factsheet regarding the COVID-19 from Sedgwick County has helpful background information
- Page on the county’s website that will have up to date information regarding the situation locally
- Information regarding travel from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Toolkit from U.S. Travel Association's Emergency Preparedness and Response
- You can email COVID19@sedgwick.gov which is monitored by Sedgwick County Health Department, if you have questions about this disease
Currently, the Visit Wichita team is working remotely. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us anytime during business hours at 316-265-2800 if there’s anything we can do to assist you.