Information Regarding COVID-19
Visit Wichita is dedicated to the health and well-being of our visitors, and we want to make sure they have the most up to date information regarding COVID-19 specific to our city. We are also committed to assisting our community partners and continue to monitor nationally as well as statewide and locally for all efforts that can assist them. If you are a Visit Wichita partner, you can find a full list of resources by visiting our partner resources.
While there are currently no official restrictions in place, wearing face masks in public spaces and social distancing is still recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. The City of Wichita continues to require employees and visitors to all City facilities, including individuals who have received a vaccination, to wear masks, practice safe social distancing and to limit attendance at City facilities until further notice.
Cover of the mouth and nose with a mask or face covering is recommended in the following situations:
- In indoor or outdoor public spaces where 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained
- In healthcare settings such as hospitals, pharmacies, physician or dental offices, veterinary clinics, etc
- On public transportation or while in a taxi, private car service, or ride-sharing vehicle
- Employees are working in any space visited by customers or members of the public, including food service
- Children five years old or under
- Persons with medical conditions that prevent wearing a face covering
- People who are (or are communicating with a person who is) hearing impaired
- Persons actively engaged in eating food or drinking a beverage
- Participating in some athletic events
- People engaged in an activity where wearing a mask or face covering is prohibited by law
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Visit Wichita team anytime during business hours at 316-265-2800 if there’s anything we can do to assist you.