The Wichita Arts Council will be awarding businesses, foundations and individuals who have supported arts and culture in Wichita and Sedgwick County. According to its website, the awards "focus attention on the importance of the arts as they relate to the quality of life in Wichita/Sedgwick County and honor those who have made major creative achievements or significant contributions to cultural growth or development." There are several awards including the following:
- Gordon W. Evans Award – Given to a patron demonstrating outstanding leadership and special support for the arts.
- Arts Organization – Given to a public, not-for-profit organization that presents or provides arts opportunities to the Wichita community and region.
- Special Project – Given to a neighborhood, business, corporation or group that has provided support for a single event or project.
- Arts Educator – Given to an individual who has devoted a career to teaching the arts in an educational environment.
- Arts Advocate/Individual – Given to an individual or couple dedicated to furthering the cause of an art form or the arts in general through promotional, volunteer, administrative, legislative or professional efforts.
- Arts Advocate/Group or Business– An organization or business dedicated to furthering the cause of an art form or the arts in general through promotional, volunteer, administrative, legislative or professional efforts.
- Individual Artist – Given to an artist actively working in such categories as Choreography, Music Composition, Film/Video, Theatre, Interdisciplinary/ Performance Art, Two-Dimensional Visual Art and/or Three-Dimensional Visual Art, who has shown outstanding achievement.
- Youth Recognition Award – Given to a high school and/or middle school student who has shown outstanding achievement and development in the arts.
- Burton Pell Award – A new award created in memory of Mr. Pell a long time member and past president of the Arts Council. It will be given to an outstanding individual in music.