In this ½ day workshop you will learn the keys to starting a business including finding a niche for your business, how to turn your ideas into a business plan and getting your business on a path for growth. This workshop is an introduction to the goals, processes, and operations of any business enterprise. The main focus is on the functions that a company – whether a multinational corporation or a small start-up must manage effectively to be successful. These include legal organization, business planning, accounting, tax considerations, regulatory Issues and using advisory boards. Attention is also given to the legal environment in which businesses operate, and the importance of business ethics and corporate citizenship.
After the workshop you will be able to:
- Apply business concepts to starting and growing a business, including finding a niche for your business
- List and define the legal forms of business ownership
- Define the issues you need to be aware to start a business including accounting, tax considerations, and regulatory
- Turn your ideas into a business plan
- Creating an advisory board