Together Wichita Keeper 150 Unveiling
5:00pm , July 21, 2020 | TBD
To celebrate Wichita’s 150th birthday, Together Wichita will be donating 13 Keepers on Parade to be placed in city parks and other venues. Keepers on Parade is a public art project featuring 10-foot tall fiberglass replicas of the Keeper of the Plains that are painted, adorned and magically transformed by local artists.
We have been working with the City of Wichita Parks Board and City Council on this project. Once completed, the 13 Keepers will be placed in 13 different parks across the city that are split across all six city districts.
• District #1: Dr. Glen Dey Park and Fairmount Park
• District #2: Eastview Park and Stryker Sports Complex
• District #3: Planeview Park and Clapp Park
• District #4: West Douglas and Osage Park
• District #5: Buffalo Park and Pracht Wetlands Park
• District #6: Minisa Park and Orchard Park
• Mayor’s Keeper: Location to be announced at unveiling event