In addition to many pet-friendly hotels, did you know we also have a number of dog-friendly restaurants, parks and more in Wichita? We’ve gathered a list of where to eat in Wichita with your well-behaved dog and other pup-friendly activities to consider. Remember to be courteous to others by keeping dogs on a leash and cleaning up after them.
Bring the leash and head to the patio at one of these dog-friendly Wichita restaurants:
- The Anchor
- Bella Luna Café (east and west)
- Chicken N Pickle: Dogs are allowed in all areas at this entertainment complex, featuring fast casual dining restaurant, pickleball and bocce ball courts, shuffleboard courts, a bar and entertainment space that includes outdoor lawn games and a dog run.
- Dempsey’s Burger Pub – Clifton Square
- Emerson Biggins Old Town
- First Mile Kitchen
- Georges French Bistro
- Headshots Bar & Grill
- The Hill Bar and Grill
- HomeGrown (downtown, east and west)
- Hurricane Sports Grill
- The Kitchen
- Mokas Café
- Newport Grill
- Nortons Brewing Co.
- Piatto Neapolitan Pizzeria
- PourHouse by Walnut River Brewing Company
- Revolutsia: the outdoor shared seating areas at this shipping container complex are dog-friendly
- River City Brewing Co.: when the upstairs outdoor patio is open, you can bring a leashed dog
- The Rusty Nail
- Sabor Latin Bar & Grille
- Station 8 BBQ
- Stearman Field Bar & Grill
- Two Brothers BBQ (east and west)
- Viola's Pantry
- Vora Restaurant European
- Wine Dive
- YaYa’s Eurobistro
- Ziggy’s Pizza (Clifton Square, east & west)
While it may not be a regular occurrence to spot a goat on the Nortons patio, sometimes it does happen!
Craft Breweries, Wineries, & Bars
In addition to the brewpubs listed above, Wichita’s craft breweries operating taprooms, wineries and other establishments allow dogs on their outdoor patios, too.
- Alzavino Wine Tavern
- Central Standard Brewing
- Churn and Burn
- Espresso To Go Go: while this coffeeshop is walk-up only, they often have a bowl of water for doggies to get a slurp while patrons order their beverage
- Grace Hill Winery: the winery is pet-friendly and planning a day for dogs on May 1
- Hopping Gnome Brewing Co.
- Inspirit Kombucha Brewing Co.
- Jenny Dawn Cellars: small dogs allowed on the patio
- Kookaburra Coffee
- Leslie Coffee Co.
- Nortons Brewing Co.
- PourHouse by Walnut Brewing Company
- Reverie Coffee Roasters
- Sunflower Espresso & Food Truck
- Third Place Brewing: dogs allowed inside and outside, where there is a convenient grassy area next to the patio.
- White Crow Cider Company
- Wichita Brewing Co. & Pizzeria (east and west)
Wichita Dog Parks
Let your pup get some exercise and socialize at one of the five off-leash dog parks operated by the city of Wichita:
- Chapin/Ashley Dog Park, 2400 E. MacArthur
- Harrison Dog Park, 1300 S. Webb
- K-9 Rooster Dog Park, 2127 N. Meridian
- Murfin Dog Park, 3313 N. Hillside
- Naftzger Bark Park, 601 E. Douglas - in addition to having an off-leash dog enclosure with an artificial turf hill, Naftzger Park is a dog-friendly gathering space.
- Or explore any of Wichita’s more than 140 parks and greenways.
We hope to see you and your four-legged friends in Wichita soon!
Additional pet-friendly places
While only service dogs are permitted in Sedgwick County Zoo, the attraction does have a pet kenneling service offered on a first-come first-serve basis.
Pets are welcome at Fartleks. If you’re grabbing a drive-thru meal or beverage with a furry passenger, ask for a special pet treat at:
- Andy’s Frozen Custard (west, east and College Hill)
- Il Primo Espresso Caffe
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers