Summer in Wichita
- Average high temperature range: 87-93
- Average low temperature range: 65-70
Summer brings warm weather perfect for outdoor activities. Hit any of the local ice cream shops like Churn & Burn to cool you down. Rock River Rapids, located just south of Wichita, offers plenty of water slides, a lazy river and more. Test your agility at the indoor rock climbing facility, Bliss Climbing and Fitness.
Fall in Wichita
- Average high temperature range: 56-83
- Average low temperature range: 35-60
Fall time in Wichita brings a noticeable cool down in the weather. We kick it off with the Wagonmasters Downtown Chili Cookoff. Check out independent films and up-and-coming filmmakers at the Tallgrass Film Festival. If you’re more active you can participate in the Prairie Fire Marathon.
Winter in Wichita
- Average high temperature range: 44-48
- Average low temperature range: 24-26
Though a bit chilly, winter in Wichita still offers plenty of fun things to do. See the beautiful Christmas light display at Botanica Wichita. Experience Christmas in the 1800s at the Victorian Christmas at Cowtown. And there’s plenty of holiday shopping at Bradley Fair, New Market Square & more.
Spring in Wichita
- Average high temperature range: 48-68
- Average low temperature range: 22-35
The spring weather in Wichita is some of the most pleasant and welcoming in the area. Find the best place to go on a picnic. See the animals as they come out of hibernation at The Sedgwick County Zoo. Or improve your handicap on the greens.