Convention Sales Coordinator
Are you ready to take the next, best step in your career?
Would you like to join a team of excited, dedicated, incredibly talented professionals?
You’ve found your opportunity - Visit Wichita is looking for a new Sales Coordinator to join our expert team!
A little about you…
As our Sales Coordinator, you’ll be a member of an energetic team selling Wichita to meeting planners around the country. You love providing support and are detail oriented; leaving no stone unturned in offering Visit Wichita’s services to future groups who are hosting in Wichita. You thrive working in the office on the computer assisting a team of sales professionals helping to coordinator their activities and also enjoy collaborating with others to figure out the best way to communicate the great experience our city has to offer. You are a self-starter who is just as comfortable reaching out to clients to uncover their needs as you are building spreadsheets to ensure all bases are covered. You take pride in your organizational skills and consider that one of your best strengths and have perfected the art of multitasking. You are a team player and have a passion for Wichita. You are goal oriented and have a proven track record of success.
If you enjoy working with sales professionals, are a creative problem solver, love the city of Wichita and want to play a pivotal role in bringing large conventions and events to Wichita, you want to work with us.
A little about us…
Visit Wichita is a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing visitors to Wichita. Our mission is to show the world just how great Wichita is, to bring visitors to our city, and ultimately to create jobs and make Wichita an even better place to be. We love what we do, and we are great at it. If you’d like to learn more about us, browse around on this website.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send us your resume and cover letter. Be sure to give us the answer to this question as well: who is your favorite fictional character and why?
The Sales Coordinator provides administrative support and project coordination to the Convention Sales and Service staff. Responsible for supporting the promotion of Wichita as a convention and exhibition site for associations and corporations, thereby enhancing the economic development of the City, County, Region and State. Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be well organized and detail oriented. Role reports directly to Vice President of Sales.
- Provides administrative support for the Convention Sales department
- Handles initial contact for recurring groups; offering Visit Wichita services and identifying planner needs
- Assist with the creation of sales proposals
- Assists in coordinating aspects of sales manager travel to tradeshows and sales missions
- Plans client events, including securing location, planning menu, managing RSVP list, etc.
- Provides support for site tours
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of meeting planner guides and other collateral to support sales efforts
- Assist in acquiring tradeshow giveaways
- Coordinates letters of support from elected officials’ offices
- Develops a working knowledge of all facilities, attractions and services, both private and public, available in the area to customers and ensures all collateral is kept current
- At the discretion of the Vice President, provides research, general support and sales support, and perform administrative duties as needed
- Flexibility of work tasks and schedule is needed
- Detail orientation and strong organization skills are key
- In coordination with the sales manager, correspond with all meeting planners regarding services that Visit Wichita offers that will enhance their event/convention/meeting and execute needed services. This includes, but is not limited to: registration assistance, printing name badges, providing brochures and promotional materials such as welcome bags and attraction discounts, etc.
- Fulfill brochure orders and personally distributes to groups once they arrive in Wichita
- Set up registration tables and charging station (45lbs) as needed
- In coordination with the VP of Sales, provide oversight to the Hospitality Team, which assists groups with registration, etc. Prepare work assignments as needed
- Work with the convention sales staff to secure weddings, family reunions and bureau service convention and sports groups
- Ensure large convention and visitor venues, (INTRUST Bank Arena, Century II, Hartman Arena, Towanda Visitor’s Center) are stocked with Visitor Guides
- Create and maintain weekly services calendar to keep all informed as to the status of various events
- Document the activities of the convention services for reporting purposes
- Greet Visitor Center walk-in guests and answer the phone each day for approx. 30 minutes or as needed
- Assist with attendance building efforts for conferences that are secured by sales managers
- Distribute post-convention survey for groups who host events in Wichita and compile feedback
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President/CEO or supervisor
Education and Experience:
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- 3 years’ relevant experience
- Success being a team player in a work environment
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team orientation and ability to work collaboratively
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable with learning a customer relationship management database
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, InDesign and Adobe products. Familiarity with Mac a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work on many different things at once
- Planning and organizational skills – ability to establish priorities and follow through on all tasks
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license and an insured vehicle for periodic business use
To apply for this role, send cover letter, resume and be sure to tell us who your favorite fictional character is and why to email@example.com.