When the temperatures heat up this summer in Wichita, we have three options for keeping cool while getting out and having fun. Enjoy this list of Wichita water parks, swimming pools and spray-grounds.
- Rock River Rapids is a full-service waterpark just south of Wichita in Derby that features six water slides, a lap pool, a lazy river, a zero depth pool, play structures and a treehouse-themed spray-ground.
- Four locations of the YMCA of Greater Wichita (Andover, North, Northwest and South) have outdoor waterparks offering group fitness classes, open swim and play on the pool features. Each waterpark is different and can include slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, spray grounds, body slides, climbing walls and more. The YMCA is membership based; if you’re visiting from out of town you can purchase a day pass for $10 per person or $18 per family that gives full access to classes and facilities. If you decide to join the Y within 30 days of your visit, your day pass fee is applied towards your joiner fee.
Public swimming pools in Wichita offer affordable fun for the family. Each location even offers one free day each season before they close in mid-August; check this webpage for details on each of the following Wichita pools:
- Aley, 1800 S. Seneca
- Boston, 6700 E. Boston
- College Hill, 304 S. Circle Dr.
- Evergreen, 2700 N. Woodland
- Harvest, 9500 W. Provincial
- Linwood, 1900 S. Hydraulic
- Minisa, 1350 N. Jeanette
- Orchard, 1062 N. Clara
Splash pads and fountains
Wichita also has six interactive fountains that are open to the public and do not charge an admission fee. Children and adults are encouraged to play, but no pets are allowed.
- Riverside Central Park, 720 Nims
- Osage Park, 2121 W. 31st St. S.
- Lincoln Park, 1323 S. Topeka
- Fairmount Park, 1647 N. Yale
- Old Town Plaza, 301 N. Mead
- Buffalo Park, 10201 Hardtner