No matter your age or skill level, there are many options for taking an art class in Wichita. Here are a few places where you can discover a newfound artistic talent or further develop an area of interest.
- CityArts: More than 35 professional artists teach an array of topics, including digital arts, photography, fiber, silversmithing, glass fusing, glass blowing, painting, pottery and drawing.
- Mark Arts: Find classes and workshops in nine art studios, including digital arts, drawing, enameling, jewelry, metalsmithing, painting, photography, printmaking, pottery and sculpture.
- Mid-America All-Indian Museum: Take classes taught by local American Indians in clay sculpture, dream catchers, loom making and jewelry design.
- Wichita Art Museum: They offer seasonal classes and lessons for youth as well as hands-on artmaking projects as part of its free Family ArtVenture every fourth Saturday of the month.
- Pinot’s Palette and Paint the Towne: Sign up for a guided painting experience; all-age sessions available as well as adult sessions.
- The Art Park: This enrichment campus is home to several programs, including Monart School of Art. They offer a range of classes and activities for the whole family.
- Love of Character: A party supply and gift shop that often throws its own parties as well as occasional classes and workshops, from brush lettering and watercolor to printmaking.
- The Busted Pallet: This rustic wood sign studio has the city’s only paint splatter room and offers workshops where you can make your own framed sign, lazy Susan, door hangar or centerpiece box.
- Wichita Pottery: A teaching studio that offers classes in wheel throwing, hand building and sculpture for adults and children.