The Original Pizza Hut Museum
In 1958, two brothers - one a recent graduate of Wichita University, another a freshman at WU - started a restaurant in a tiny building on the corner of Bluff and Kellogg. They sold pizza, an Italian dish that was just beginning to come to prominence in America. They staffed their business with family, friends and fraternity brothers and called it Pizza Hut. From those humble beginnings, Dan and Frank Carney grew their business into the largest pizza restaurant chain in the world and established Pizza Hut as one of the most recognizable brands in the United States and beyond. The original building now resides on the Wichita State campus and tells the story of two Shocker entrepreneurs with a dream. Wichita State University is the Home of the Hut. Parking is behind the Marcus Welcome Center off 21st St., east of Hillside St..