Great Wichita Weekend Getaway
If you are looking to experience ultimate fun in a vibrant Midwest city, look no further than Wichita, Kansas. It’s a city that offers amazing experiences – from arts to attractions, nightlife and sports – and friendliness at every turn.
This summer, Visit Wichita has a way for you to get entered to win a thrilling weekend of experiences in Wichita, the Heart of the Country. Our 2023 Great Wichita Weekend Getaway is an experiential package you can enter to win this summer and enjoy in fall 2023. The package is valued at $1,275 and will include hotel accommodation, shopping, dynamic experiences, local dining and more.
First, let us fill you in on what’s included in the getaway package:
- 2-night hotel stay at Courtyard by Marriott Wichita East
- One year membership to Field Station: Dinosaurs
- 2-hour bay rental at TopGolf Wichita
- $100 gift certificate & 2 Yeti tumblers from SCHEELS
- $100 gift card to All Things Barbecue
- $100 gift certificate to Axe to Grind
- $100 gift card to Nortons Brewing Co.
- $100 gift card to Pizza Ranch
- $50 gift certificate to Argentina's Empanadas
Now, the fun part. Let’s plan your visit! Here’s what your visit could look like if you arrived on a Friday and headed back home on Sunday.
- Get checked in at your hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott Wichita East. This wonderful property not only features comfortable, modern rooms but also boasts an indoor heated pool and cooked-to-order breakfast.
- Spend your first hours in the Heart of the Country at Topgolf Wichita. This entertainment complex offers climate-controlled hitting bays for you to take aim and swing at outfield targets. Plus, the venue has TVs throughout for a sports bar atmosphere. You can even enjoy dinner right from your hitting bay!
Friday night, be sure to witness the “Ring of Fire” at the Keeper of the Plains.
- Start your day at Field Station: Dinosaurs. In addition to 40 life-size, realistic dinosaurs throughout the park, you’ll find live shows, miniature golf, fun activities and more.
- After you’ve roamed with the dinosaurs, head to Argentina’s Empanadas for a delicious lunch.
- Don’t let those gift cards burn a hole in your pocket! Spend your afternoon shopping at All Things Barbecue and other local shops in the Historic Delano District and at Wichita’s all-new SCHEELS.
- Treat your taste buds to dinner at Nortons Brewing Co. Not only is Nortons a brewery and restaurant, but it also hosts live entertainment and concerts. This family-friendly brewery is known for its delicious local brews, hip hangout scene and the Bacon Crack.
- After enjoying breakfast at your hotel, make good use of the swimming pool before checking out.
- Head to Pizza Ranch for arcade game fun in their FunZone Arcade and all the pizza, fried chicken and all the sides you can handle.
- Try your hand at ax throwing at Kiss My Axe! Throwing before you hit the road to make your way back home.
In addition to visiting the amazing attractions and restaurants included in our Great Wichita Weekend Getaway, you’ll find lots of other free and affordable activities such as taking selfies in front of murals and public art throughout the city. Whether you're looking for fun outdoor adventures, like exploring nature and wildlife, or indoor activities like educational and hands-on experiences, you'll find things to do for all ages in the Heart of the Country.
How to win the Great Wichita Weekend Getaway
The Visit Wichita Great Wichita Weekend Getaway will be awarded to one individual and is valued at $1,100. The contest will run from May 28, 2023, to Aug. 31, 2023. To be eligible for a chance to win the vacation package, participants must complete the entry form at www.VisitWichita.com/win-a-trip or enter on Visit Wichita's social media channels (Facebook | Instagram). A winner will be selected on or about Sept. 1, 2023. The winner will be notified via email and have five days to claim the prize or forfeit it.