Fourth of July is on its way, which means the skies across Wichita will be filled with bursting fireworks and excitement will be in the air. July 4th falls during the week this year, and there are tons of things to do in Wichita on each side of the holiday.
The Saturday before the holiday, you can enjoy good old-fashioned fun at Old Cowtown Museum. Their Fourth of July event, Celebrate America, will feature vintage baseball, carnival games, sack races, saloon girls plus hot dogs, hamburgers and a beer garden.
July 4th you can be a part of nearby Park City’s biggest party or bring your lawn chair to the Hyatt lawn for Wichita’s annual Red, White & BOOM! block party, which features food, live music from local 80s dance band The Astronauts and a great view of the fireworks over the Arkansas River after the baseball game. If you want to see fireworks in Wichita this Fourth of July, Red, White & BOOM! is a can’t-miss event.
Independence Day-Related Events
- Salute to Freedom 2018 festival in Park City– July 4
- Red, White & BOOM! celebration in downtown Wichita – July 4
- Music Theatre Wichita’s “Guys & Dolls” – June 25-July 1
- 14th Annual Anime Festival Wichita – June 27-July 1
- Celebrate America at Old Cowtown Museum – June 30
- Blues Exhibition at The Kansas African American Museum – June 30
- Tuesdays on the Terrace @ Botanica Wichita – July 3
- Twilight Tuesday @ Sedgwick County Zoo – July 3
- Wichita Wingnuts vs. Lincoln Salt Dogs – July 4
- Bradley Fair Summer Concert Series – July 5
- Bush at The Cotillion Ballroom – July 5
- KEYN Summer Concert Series: King Midas – July 6
- Kayak & SUP Rentals – July 7
Have a festive and safe Fourth of July in Wichita! For a complete list of events happening in Wichita, visit our calendar of events page.