Visit Wichita’s Great Wichita Weekend Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the 48 contiguous United States and Washington D.C. only. The Sweepstakes shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Void in Alaska and Hawaii. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the Official Rules below.
1. DESCRIPTION: Internet access required. The “Visit Wichita’s Great Wichita Weekend Getaway Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") begins on Sunday, May 28, 2023 and ends on Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 pm Central Standard Time (“CST”) (“Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Visit Wichita, 515 S. Main Street, Suite 115, Wichita, Kansas (“Sponsor”). Field Station: Dinosaurs, Topgolf Wichita, Argentina’s Empanadas, SCHEELS, Courtyard by Marriott Wichita East, Axe to Grind, Nortons Brewing Co., All Things Barbecue and Pizza Ranch (each a "Prize Provider" and collectively the “Prize Providers”) are prize suppliers only, are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes and are not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or the selection of the winners.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal United States residents residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or Washington, D.C. (each an “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”). Entrants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Entrants must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified on the entry form. Employees, owners, shareholders, officers and directors of Sponsor (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), Prize Providers and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, promotion and advertising agencies together with the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such persons (collectively, “Household Members”), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant or potential winner in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant or potential winner will be deemed the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person in whose name the e-mail account was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant or potential winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries will not be acknowledged except as provided herein. Sweepstakes Grand Prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted, sold or bartered. Void in Hawaii and Alaska, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting www.VisitWichita.com/getaway (the "Sweepstakes Homepage") and following the on-screen instructions to access the registration form. Entrant must provide all of the information requested, including but not limited to Entrant’s full name, physical address and email address, then click “Submit” to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Entries may also be collected on Visit Wichita’s social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor's decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision of the Official Rules generally. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion.
4. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about Friday, September 8, 2023, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected via random drawing from all eligible Entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email via the email address provided on the registration form. The potential winner is responsible for checking his/her spam filter. The potential winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within five (5) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. The potential winner will be required to verify address, sign, and return within five (5) days of initial notification affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents"). Failure of a potential winner to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of each Grand Prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the Grand Prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If Grand Prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, such Grand Prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. Winner's travel companions (each a “Guest” or collectively “Guests”) must be at least eighteen years of age and the age of majority in his/her state of primary residence unless the winner is such Guest’s parent or legal guardian. Each Guest (or if such Guest is a minor, the parent or legal guardian) will be required to verify address and to execute a guest release, as directed by the Sponsor. Failure to return the executed guest release within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the Trip for the Guest. Winners must provide Sponsor with a valid social security number for tax reporting purposes. The winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sweepstakes Entities for the actual retail value of the Grand Prize for the calendar year in which the Grand Prize was fulfilled.
6. GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) Grand Prize available consisting of one (1) 3 day / 2-night trip for the winner and one guest to Wichita, Kansas (the “Trip”). The Trip includes:
(a.) 2-night hotel stay at Courtyard by Marriott Wichita East; two-hour bay rental at Topgolf Wichita; Argentina’s Empanadas gift certificate; SCHEELS gift certificate; two Yeti tumblers; Axe to Grind gift certificate; Nortons Brewing Co. gift certificate; All Things Barbecue gift certificate; Pizza Ranch gift certificate and one-year membership to Field Station: Dinosaurs.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Trip: $1,175.00
HOTEL STAY MUST BE COMPLETED BY DECEMBER 31, 2023 OR PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED. Not available in conjunction with any other offer. Holiday, blackout dates and other prize and travel restrictions may apply. All Grand Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, and corresponding Prize Provider. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Grand Prize with fewer than the allotted amount of Guests or no Guests, the Grand Prize will be awarded to winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Grand Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Unless child or ward of winner or one of the allotted Guests, each Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Grand Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No cash alternative is allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a Grand Prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor and/or the Prize Providers, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. If the winner is unable or unwilling to accept the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The value of the Grand Prize represents the Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. No refunds or credits for changes are allowed. The ARV of any prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the Grand Prize is awarded or redeemed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, entertainment, souvenirs, etc. are winner’s sole responsibility. Other restrictions may apply. Winner and Guests agree that they undertake the Trip at their own risk. Winner and Guests must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID and/or Passport) prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of Grand Prize. Neither Sponsor or Prize Providers will replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the Grand Prize ARV in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel dates and select hotels in its sole discretion. Trip may not be combined with any other offer.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. Each Entrant (including each potential winner and the winners) hereby releases the Sweepstakes Entities, Courtyard by Marriott Wichita East, Field Station: Dinosaurs, Topgolf Wichita, Argentina’s Empanadas, SCHEELS, Axe to Grind, Nortons Brewing Co., All Things Barbecue, Pizza Ranch and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and prize suppliers and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injuries, death, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of a Grand Prize. Winner hereby grants to the Sweepstakes Entities the irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to use his/her photo, video, name, voice, likeness, biographical data or information, city, state or territory/province of residence and entry materials in advertising, marketing, programming, research or promotional activities, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Winner may be asked to participate in select publicity activities, as determined at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or publicity materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the Grand Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Grand Prize including participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any Grand Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such Grand Prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Sweepstakes which are beyond the reasonable control of any of the Released Parties. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) at any time for any reason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a Grand Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY AWARD AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND 3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All parts of the prize are subject to availability and blackout dates, and subject to change without written notice or warning. Should an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics and the spread of infectious diseases, including without limitation COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization and any of the strains, variants or mutations thereof), and any related governmental or judicial actions taken in connection with, or as a response to, any such event, or any other event beyond the reasonable control of a party, whether or not existing, known, foreseen or foreseeable at the time this promotion occurs, render the redemption or fulfilment of some or all of the prize delayed, hindered, adversely affected, impracticable, or impossible, Sponsor, and Prize Partners, in their sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to evaluate and make modifications to the redemption and fulfilment processes and timelines for any prize or portion of a prize which may include but is not limited to providing additional time for redemption and/or fulfilment. Should the prize become unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered.
8. INDEMNITY: Each Entrant (including each potential winner and the winner) shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of the representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
9. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Kansas, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Kansas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Visit Wichita’s Ultimate Vacation Getaway Sweepstakes" Winner or Rules, 515 S. Main Street, Suite 115, Wichita, Kansas. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2023.