Home / Listings / B-29 Doc Hangar, Education and Visitors Center
B-29 Doc Hangar, Education and Visitors Center
History Restored - Wichita is home to one of only two airworthy Boeing B-29 Superfortress aircraft left in the world. Doc is a B-29 Superfortress and one of 1,644 manufactured in Wichita during World War II. Doc was found in 1987 sitting and rotting away in the Mojave Desert. This historic warbird, has recently been restored to flying status to serve as a flying museum. When not flying, it will be on display at the new B-29 Doc Hangar & Education Center, offering visitors a place to learn about the history of the airplane and to get a glimpse of Wichita’s aviation heritage.
- B-29 Doc Hangar, Education and Visitors Center
- 1788 S. Airport Rd.
- Wichita, KS 67209
(316) 260-4312 Visit Website Get Directions
- Days & Hours: Open: Tuesdays & Thursdays 9am-2pm, Saturdays 9am-1pm (When Doc is not on tour). Details about hours and aircraft availability can be found here: www.b29doc.com/visit Admission prices are $10 per person to enter the hangar and visitors center, with an additional $5 admission ticket for a cockpit tour. Family admission (up to five people per family) will be $20, plus an additional $10 for a cockpit tour. Staff is all volunteer.
- Capacity: 700
- Admission/Price Range: $10-$20
- Group Pricing: Request group pricing
- Credit Cards Accepted:
- Gift Shop:
- Guided Tours Available:
- Tour Length: About 90 minutes
- Handicap Accessible:
- Public Wireless Internet:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Reservations Accepted:
- Non-Smoking Facility:
- Locally Owned:
- Not for Profit:
- Description Wichita’s most unique event venue. The B-29 Doc Hangar Education and Visitors Center is a unique and one-of-a-kind venue that can provide a world-class experience for event hosts and guests. Located in Wichita, Kan., at Eisenhower National Airport, the 42,000 sq. ft. facility is home to B-29 Doc, one of only two airworthy B-29 Superfortesses still flying today. The facility can be used to host weddings and receptions, corporate events, dance recitals, proms…the possibilities are endless.
- Largest Room 30000
- Total Sq. Ft. 42000
- Reception Capacity 500
- Space Notes More details available via https://www.b29doc.com/venue/
- Banquet Capacity 700
- Number of Rooms 6
- Classroom Capacity 100