When the meetings conclude, Wichita comes alive with tons of places for good times, flavorful food and drinks and memorable conversation. From happy hour hotspots to late night live music venues, the heart of the country is alive with after-hours fun and networking locales every day of the week.
No matter what part of the city you choose to convene, you’ll find it is easy to navigate between hotels and meeting facilities during the day into a vibrant music, arts and dining scene in the evening. The heart of the country offers dozens of diverse restaurants and a variety of attractions, live entertainment venues, breweries, urban spaces and more for you to explore.
The Aviation Room at Scotch and Sirloin
- Grab a seat on the patio and enjoy an early dinner made from scratch at The Kitchen. This downtown eatery is located at Wichita’s Union Station in the former Baggage Claim building.
- Enjoy dinner and sample the largest bourbon selection in the state of Kansas in the historic Delano District at Monarch.
- If craft beer is the key to your heart, The Anchor has 59 varieties on tap plus a menu full of sandwiches, burgers and mouth-watering favorites like Mac ‘n Cheese and wings.
- Sink your teeth into barbecue at local spots such as B&C Barbeque Pub and Grill and Bite Me BBQ.
- Want to catch a game while you’re in Wichita? Deano’s Grill & Tapworks and The Hill Bar and Grill or Pumphouse and Emerson Biggins in Old Town have good eats and tons of big screens to watch your favorite team.
- Find authentic German style cuisine at Prost. Feel like you’ve been whisked away to France at Georges French Bistro.
- Vast wine selection and upscale eats are waiting for you at Wine Dive, 6S Steakhouse, Chester’s Chophouse & Wine Bar, Chisholm's American Beef & Ale House or Scotch & Sirloin.
- Northeast of the city you’ll find Stearman Field Bar and Grill, a laid-back restaurant where you see planes take off and land from your table.
While this is just a taste of the eateries you’ll find dotted throughout Wichita, you can find more American eats, international cuisine, breweries and wineries, sweet shops, coffee shops and fine dining throughout the city.
Kayaking on the Arkansas River to the Keeper of the Plains
- A visit to Wichita isn’t complete without experiencing the Keeper of the Plains. This 44-foot sculpture, designed by Native American artist Blackbear Bosin, sits atop a 30-foot pedestal at the confluence of the Big and Little Arkansas Rivers.
- Looking for some time outdoors? Get out on one of Wichita’s four public golf courses or kayak on the Arkansas River with Boats & Bikes.
- Head to Axe to Grind or Blade & Timber for axe-throwing fun or decode puzzles to try to escape at The Room.
- Sports fans can watch for fly balls during the spring season at the Riverfront Stadium, home to the Wichita Wind Surge, the city’s Double-A baseball team, or cheer on the Wichita Thunder at INTRUST Bank Arena.
- Scale the climbing and bouldering walls at Bliss Climbing & Fitness Center, All Star Sports or All Star Adventures.
- Sign up for a game of pickleball or play yard games in the outdoor court at Chicken N Pickle.
- Play more than 1,000 video games and 500 board games at Headshots Bar & Grill or choose from hundreds of arcade games at Dave & Buster’s.
- Go bowling or play in the arcade at The Alley Indoor Entertainment. Additional bowling fun can be found at Northrock Lanes and West Acres Bowl.
- Work on your shot at Range 54, a climate-controlled indoor shooting facility.
- Enjoy live music and entertainment at places like Public at the Brickyard and Mort's Martini & Cigar Bar in the Old Town District.
- Known as a lively hole in the wall that has live music nearly every day of the year, Kirby’s Beer Store makes for an unforgettable hangout. For a more chill environment, head to cocktail bars Lava & Tonic, Dockum or Cana Wine and Cocktails.
- Drink responsibly by hopping on a Brew Wagon Tour and experiencing at least three of the 10 breweries and one taproom Wichita has to offer.
You can also find plenty of shopping, live entertainment, uniquely-Wichita experiences, public art and outdoor adventures in Wichita. If that’s not enough, get more ideas and inspiration for ways to explore Wichita after your meeting wraps up in our 2021 digital visitor guide.