Wondering what to do in Wichita, KS, during winter break this year? You don’t have to stay cooped up when it’s cold or too dark to be outdoors. There are plenty of indoor things to do in Wichita, and we’ve put together this list of some of our favorite indoor activities for the family:
- Blade & Timber– Axe throwing is a perfect activity for friends and family. Children 10 and older are allowed to join in, though minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Bliss Climbing and Fitness - Challenge your rock climbing skills at Wichita’s only full-service indoor rock-climbing gym featuring a 38-foot top-rope and lead climbing wall and a 16-foot bouldering wall.
- Laser Quest – Get a group together and hit one of the largest laser tag facilities in Wichita.
- All Star Sports & All Star Adventures – Go-karts, laser tag, arcade fun and more!
- Xtreme Racing – Capture your need for speed and reach up to 45 mph in an Italian go-kart at Wichita’s largest indoor go-kart track, which also offers an arcade and table sports.
- Urban Air Trampoline Park – Burn off some energy at this 30,000-square-foot indoor trampoline park and family-fun center for all ages.
- Greater Wichita YMCA – Head out to one of Wichita’s seven YMCA locations for jam-packed fitness and fun all under one roof, from sports courts and swimming to fitness and exercise equipment.
- Wichita Ice Center – From figure skating to ice hockey, the Wichita Ice Center offers lessons, events and open skate sessions for all skill levels.
- Wichita Sports Forum & Aviate trampoline park – This massive sporting facility offers basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, an indoor soccer field, batting cages and an indoor trampoline park, Aviate.
- The Alley Indoor Entertainment – Bowl at one of 32 lanes or hop on the indoor electric go-kart track. With a family-friendly arcade, escape rooms, a sports bar and pool tables, this facility is your one-stop-shop for indoor family fun.
- Northrock Lanes and West Acres Bowl – Whether you’re east or west in Wichita, spend some time on the lanes. Northrock offers 48 lanes and West Acres has 36 lanes at its bowling complex.
- Range 54 – Sport shooting enthusiasts and those looking to try a new hobby or learn some self-defense methods, head out to this indoor shooting facility. All shooters must be at least 10 years old and accompanied by an adult 21 or older.
Fun & Games
- Wichita Room Escape and The Room - Wichita – Use your creativity for an hour of fun, teamwork and excitement.
- The Arcade – Enjoy a retro arcade featuring games mostly from the 1980s and 1990s, along with pinball.
- Sente: Games & Refreshments – Check out this coffeehouse with a board game twist. Sente offers hot and cold beverages, snacks and access to more than 200 games for families and friends of all ages.
- There are more than 30 Wichita museums, from art museums to history museums to our cluster of museums along the river. You can see one of the most complete Tyrannosaurus rex in the country, visit the largest art museum in Kansas, tour a Frank Lloyd Wright house or see a national traveling exhibit at our science center, Exploration Place.
- As the largest city in Kansas, we are a cultural hub offering a diverse menu of symphony, opera, ballet, music theater and more performing arts options. See a show at one of our live music venues or explore our calendar of events for many more live performances.
- Wichita is a sports city, a regional hot spot for both collegiate and professional sports. Among the most popular this time of year are the Wichita Thunder professional hockey team and the Wichita State Shockers men’s basketball team.
Be sure to check out the Visit Wichita calendar of events page to see what events are happening in Wichita during your stay.