Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you can’t get out and about to enjoy Wichita’s best indoor attractions. For the adventure-seeker or the parents encouraging their kids to use up their energy, Wichita offers some pretty extreme indoor sports and recreation options for everyone.
- Bliss Bouldering & Climbing Complex - Challenge your rock climbing skills at Wichita’s only full-service indoor rock-climbing gym featuring a 38-foot top-rope and lead climbing wall, auto-belays, a 16-foot bouldering wall, training room and cardio center.
- Xtreme Racing – Capture your need for speed and reach up to 45 mph in an Italian go-kart at Wichita’s largest indoor go-kart track. Xtreme Racing also features an arcade with video games and table sports.
- Urban Air Trampoline Park – Burn off some energy at this 30,000-square-foot indoor trampoline park and family-fun center for all ages. Jump into foam pits, practice on obstacle courses and jump until your heart is content.
- Wichita Ice Center – From figure skating to ice hockey, the Wichita Ice Center offers lessons and open skate sessions for all skill levels.
Entertainment Facilities & Ranges
- Wichita Sports Forum – This massive sporting facility offers basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, an indoor soccer field, batting cages and an indoor trampoline park, Aviate.
- The Alley Indoor Entertainment – Bowl at one of 32 bowling lanes or hop on the indoor electric go-kart track and challenge your family and friends to a race at The Alley. With a family-friendly arcade, sports bar and pool tables, this facility is your one-stop-shop for indoor family fun. Also at The Alley, try your hand at one of their escape rooms and battle the clock before time runs out.
- Greater Wichita YMCA – Head out to one of Wichita’s seven YMCA locations for jam-packed fitness and fun all under one roof. From recreational activities like sports and swimming to fitness and exercise activities, choose the Greater Wichita YMCA as a healthy way to burn some energy this winter.
- Range 54 – Sport shooting enthusiasts and those looking to try a new hobby or learn some self-defense methods, head out to Kansas’ newest indoor shooting facility. With climate-controlled shooting bays and affordable membership options, Range 54 offers everything a shooter needs for a full day of fun. All shooters must be at least 10 years old and accompanied by an adult 21 or older.
Fun & Games
- Sente: Games & Refreshments – Check out Wichita’s newest coffeehouse with a board game twist. Sente offers hot and cold beverages, snacks and access to more than 200 games for families and friends. This board game café has something for all ages and is a perfect place to escape the cold.
- The Arcade – Step into Wichita’s newest arcade that just opened Dec. 15 in Old Town. The Arcade has set up shop on Mead Street with 60 game cabinets and a new, but retro feel. The games – mostly 1980s and 1990s vintage titles, such as Pac-Man and Centipede – are set to free play and you can pay by the hour ($8) or for a whole evening ($10). They also sell soda pop and snacks.
For a list of other indoor activities you can experience with your family click here. Be sure to check out the Visit Wichita calendar of events page to see what events are happening in Wichita during your stay.