Wondering what there is to do for Father’s Day in Wichita? The holiday falls on Sunday, June 20 this year and there are plenty of ways to spend time with dad or find the perfect gift at one of Wichita’s shops, attractions or restaurants.
Take a look at our Father’s Day Guide: Wichita Edition for inspiration!
Sometimes the best gift is time. Build your celebration around spending time together at one of these Wichita events happening around Father’s Day weekend:
- “Big Bugs” exhibit at Botanica Wichita – daily through July 31
- Metal to the Pedal - Vintage Pedal Cars at Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum—ongoing
- Monster Fish - In Search of the Last River Giants at Exploration Place—ongoing
- Brains and Toils - Prints of Labor and Industry from the WAM Collection at Wichita Art Museum—ongoing
- Come Together - A Beatles Revue at Crown Uptown Theatre—June 11-27
- 2021 Wichita Open at Crestview Country Club – June 17-20
- Comedian Tim Gaither at The Loony Bin – June 17-20
- "Mirette" Wichita Premiere at Century II Performing Arts & Convention Center – June 16-20
- Guided Tours at Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen House Museum and Study Center—Wednesday through Saturday
- Bradley Fair Thursday Summer Concert Series at Bradley Fair– June 17
- The Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Championship at Old Cowtown Museum–June 18-20
- Night at the Fountains - Food Truck Rally at Fountains at WaterWalk—June 18
- 14th Annual Fly In at Stearman Field—June 19
- Floatin on the River - Sunset Tour at the Arkansas River—June 19
- Family Concert Extravaganza - Chamber Music at The Barn at Prairie Pines—June 19
- Sommelier Led Wine Tasting at Jenny Dawn Cellars—June 19
- 11th Annual Palette to Palate at Mark Arts—June 19
- Father's Day Car Show at the Sedgwick County Zoo–June 20
- Community Fair Day at Old Cowtown Museum–June 20
- Brunch Bingo and Beer at Chicken N Pickle–June 20
- Dirty Honey at The Cotillion–June 20
Take Him Out to the Ballgame
Wichita’s new Double-A baseball team the Wichita Wind Surge is playing its debut season at the all-new Riverfront Stadium. Get dad some team gear at the merchandise shop at the stadium or buy tickets for one of the games against the St. Louis Cardinals Double-A affiliate during the Father’s Day week homestand. Watch the team’s social media channels for the daily promotions.
- June 15: Wichita Wind Surge vs Springfield Cardinals
- June 16: Wichita Wind Surge vs Springfield Cardinals
- June 17: Wichita Wind Surge vs Springfield Cardinals
- June 18: Wichita Wind Surge vs Springfield Cardinals
- June 19: Wichita Wind Surge vs Springfield Cardinals
- June 20: Wichita Wind Surge vs Springfield Cardinals
Explore a Museum Exhibit
Wichita’s museums have some great exhibitions right now—from a display of vintage pedal cars at the Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum and The Kansas State Cowboy Fast Draw Championship at Old Cowtown Museum to a national traveling exhibition on Monster Fish at Exploration Place and the monster bug temporary exhibition at Botanica Wichita. Another exhibit to see this summer is “Bring the Bosins Home – The Journey Continues” at the Mid-America All-Indian Museum (MAAIM). This exhibit features artwork and artifacts from the life of Blackbear Bosin, designer of the Keeper of the Plains and one of the founders of MAAIM.
Take dad out to see one or two, or give him the gift that keeps on giving: an membership to one of Wichita’s museums or one of the city’s exciting attractions, which affords free visits throughout the duration of membership.
Be sure to grab a Wichita Attractions Tour passport for a chance to win a grand prize drawing for season passes to 12 attractions and museums.
Drinking and Dining
You can’t go wrong with giving dad a gift certificate for one of the more than 1,200 restaurants in Wichita, from food truck grub to fine dining options. Wichita’s breweries and wineries have to-go options, as well as fun taproom settings and tasting events. Sign dad up for a Brew Wagon Tour and, better yet, go with him! This is Wichita’s only local brew bus tour. You’ll get at least four samples of beer in at least three Wichita craft breweries, plus access to talk to brewmasters and other behind-the-scenes experiences.
This could be a great time to start the Wichita Wicked Brew Tour 2021, a passport tour that rewards your visits to breweries and coffee shops with prizes like a limited-edition shirt.
Recreation and Gaming
Get active with dad at one of the golf courses in the Wichita area or head out to play disc golf. Wichita has a full-service indoor rock-climbing gym, Bliss Climbing & Fitness, as well as the indoor/outdoor Chicken N Pickle venue with courts to play pickleball, bocce ball, shuffleboard and more.
If dad is feeling competitive, head to Dave and Buster's and play everything from classic arcade games to exclusive new games while enjoying great food and cold beer.
Take dad to Range 54, a modern indoor shooting facility offering climate-controlled shooting bays with turning targets for a fun, safe shooting experience.
Shop for a Unique Gift
Find high-quality men’s essentials—clothing, accessories and other items guys like—at a variety of price points at Standard Issue Co. Find the perfect pair of boots or shoes at Red Wing Shoe Store, or help dad find the perfect style of hat from more than 50 brands at Hatman Jack’s. All of the hats they sell can be customized and they also sell wallets, gloves and other accessories.
For the motorcycle lover, check out the biggest selection of Harley products, new and pre-owned bikes, parts and merchandise in the region at Twister City Harley-Davidson.
For the popcorn lovin’ dad, find savory flavors like jalapeño cheddar at The Popcorner (east and west) and sweet varieties like caramel and chocolate at Kernel’s Popcorn Express. From popcorn to chocolate and nuts, you’ll find something for every taste and every budget when you shop Wichita’s specialty foods purveyors.
If none of these sound the perfect fit for your dad, Wichita has plenty of other things to do. Be sure to check the calendar of events for all the great events and activities happening during Father’s Day weekend.