The year 2023 ushered in multiple attractions, restaurants and venues to Wichita and the new year promises even more exciting developments. Here are just a few new and upcoming amenities to look forward to when planning your next meeting in Wichita, the Heart of the Country.
Hotels in development
A new Hampton Inn opened just west of Wichita in Goddard in 2023, adding to the allure of the indoor Blast Off Bay Waterpark. The hotel is also in close proximity to the ever-popular Tanganyika Wildlife Park.
The Broadway Plaza AC Marriott is currently under construction in the historic Broadway Plaza in downtown Wichita. The 11-story hotel is being built in conjunction with the Kansas Health Science Center – Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine. It is expected to have 118 rooms, a bar and a covered entryway for valet parking. The hotel is conveniently located just blocks from the Century II Performing Arts and Convention Center, Wichita’s INTRUST Bank Arena and many restaurants and museums.
A dually branded Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn is slated for completion near Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport in early 2025. The 140-plus room hotel will boast an indoor pool, restaurant and bar, convention center and more.
Though the Hilton Garden Inn – Downtown officially began welcoming guests in 2019, the property recently opened a rooftop pool complete with a glass bottom overlooking Wichita’s popular Douglas Avenue. Meeting planners have the option to book the entire pool for private after-hours events.
New venues and attractions in the works
If you’re looking for an outdoorsy location perfect for hosting meetings and engaging in team-building experiences, look no further than Diamond Springs Ranch. Located just north of Wichita, the picturesque locale features a luxurious treehouse that can accommodate up to 175 people. Guests can also engage in horseback riding or take in an unbeatable Kansas sunset from the patio.
Wichita’s science center Exploration Place, which features a variety of meeting rooms and spaces, plans to expand with an amphitheater, outdoor destination playscape and various indoor renovations. Additions are slated to be completed as soon as 2024.
New to Wichita’s Old Town District is Walker’s Jazz Lounge. The lounge’s elegant cocktails, selection of beer and wine, and small bites including charcuterie and hummus boards make it the ideal location for post-meeting networking events.
Additional event space in Wichita can be found at TapNPaddles beginning in 2024. The 35,000-square-foot complex will have 12 professional-level indoor pickleball courts, pro shop, full-service restaurant and bar, outdoor gathering space and 1,000-square-foot meeting space.
Another venue to keep in mind for team-building fun is The Ridge, an entertainment complex scheduled to open in 2024. The venue, set on five acres, will include a 32-lane bowling center, large arcade and sports bar and grill. Enjoy beautiful Kansas weather on the site’s outside dining and gaming area.
New Dining options for entertaining
Wichita welcomed lots of new pop-up eateries, mobile food and fine dining options such as The Leprechaun’s Lab and The Envision Bistro at NICHE in 2023 and has many in the works for 2024. Take a look:
- Amore Italian Restaurant – Wichita’s newest Italian restaurant
- AVI Seabar & Chophouse – planning a second location in 2024
- Burdette’s Bierocks – specializing in creative, handcrafted bierocks – a meat pie popular in Kansas
- Hawaiian Bros Island Grill – fast casual chain restaurant serving plate lunches and other Hawaiian fare
- iTzcali Tapas & Tequila – tacos, shareable tapas and a large selection of tequila
- KVH Chophouse, Wine & Whiskey Bar – upscale chophouse, wine and whiskey bar coming to Wichita’s west side
- Lottē –fine dining restaurant in downtown Wichita
- Oliver’s Lounge – social lounge focused on cocktails, mocktails, small bites and charcuterie boards
- Paris Banh Mi – Vietnamese sandwich chain
- Pennant Coffee, Good Company Taps and Spirits and Fox & Ash barbershop – three businesses currently housed together in Revolutsia; opening a second location in historic Delano, which will become the primary coffee operation’s new home
- Red Bird – upscale sandwiches, salads, soup, cocktails and spirits
- Social Tap Drinkery – gourmet burgers, fries and more alongside local beers by Nortons Brewing Co.
- The Mango Tree – locally owned Indian restaurant blending both traditional and modern aspects of Indian cuisine
- Umi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar – Japanese grill serving Hibachi dishes cooked live on the grill as well as sushi, sashimi and more
With all these exciting additions to the Wichita area, our team is eager to help you as you plan your next meeting in the state’s largest city. In the meantime, gather more meeting planning inspiration and assistance.